• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Happened?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
did you try pushing the fsb back up?

maybe you got some AS on some of the bridges of the processor. Since AS is not conductive it wont short anything out but since its capacitive, it may interfere with correct functioning. so check if you got AS in any places where it shouldn't be.

If you can't change the bios settings anymore, you may have bios corruption. It happened to me last night, I was playing with a locked chip and when I hit 176 FSB the CPU suddenly started to boot at 1400MHz, with a weird 114MHZ FSB - which I could also not change anymore. I had to reflash the bios, then all was fine again. Guess 176 is too high, so I stopped at 175. :)

If your motherboard supports Dynamic Speed Throttling or something like that, turn it off. It allows the board to reduce your processor speed as a function of temperature.

Hoot

OC Detective said:
probably rebooting in safe mode.
You mean the sad thing that windows does in an attempt to let you fix misconfigurations, instead of having a true maintenance mode? How would that change the FSB?

Check your other BIOS settings. Were they reset as well? If so, it could be a sign that your battery is dead or that you accidently reset your CMOS.

Back