• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Success story

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoubleJ8

OLD SETUP:

AMD 2700+XP at 2172MHz
Stock thermal pad from AMD
Volcano 9 HS, unlaped, and "Big loud orange block" volcano 9 fan at 5200 RPM
one case fan in, one out

38C idle, 57C + under load

NEW SETUP:

AMD 2700+XP at 2172MHz
Arctic Silver 5, first use and not yet broken in with 200 hours of use
SLK-900A HS, .Unlapped and looking and feeling very "Groovy", Enermax 92x25mm fan at 2100 RPM
one case fan in, one out

33C idle, 49C under load!!!!!!!

Load tested with Prime95

Thank you all for your help!!

DJ8, What kind of temps do you get with the Enermax close to full throttle? LOAD 100% CPU usage.I'm just curious,I got up this
morning and my rig was running at 31° C, FOLDING......Ambient22° C. Youv'e done a very nice job on your rig.As you say "success".....THE FANMAN:cool:

Full out is 2600 RPM. I'm at 34C right now and at full load I'm at 46-48C at full fan power. I don't OC at this time though. Ambient now is 23C and case temp is 26C.

Don't know if that helps. I'm keeping my fan at full speed now as there is not any difference in sound.

Thats nice,but a tad high if you plan to OC.Try opening the side door and shoot a fan at it,and see if your temps drop at full load.
This will show if your case temp. although low in your post has any bearing on your CPU temp. THE FANMAN:cool:

HS REVIEW LINK

NOTE: I installed a Panaflo U1A 92mm on my SP-94 heat-pipe HS.
It cools better than my Enermax 92mm fan did and with less noise.I couldn't quite get what I wanted with the Enermax fan.
Just a thought!

Last edited:
I made an attempt at modding my case and screwed it up royal and my airflow and air supply to my CPU fan is terrible. I'm waiting until after the first of the year to buy a new case and try again.

I need new memory to OC too. My PC2100 only gets to 166MHz, which is where I'm at now.

Back