• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 1700+ oc steppings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

affende

i am beginning to understand all the stepping code...and im wondering what the best stepping is for OCing

i have heard these:

JIUHB DUT3C
JIUHB DLT3C
AIUHB DUT3C
AIUHB DLT3C

i know the difference is b-core and a-core respectively....and max die temp (i believe, that or stock core voltage)

any input is appreciated

Actually, all of those are B cores. The DLT3C's are the lower voltage (1.5v) and the DUT3c's are the higher voltage (1.65).

It is questionable as to which will overclock higher, but usually you would want the lower voltage one. It will run faster with less volts, which makes cooling easier. The JIUHB and the AIUHB are both great steppings, so it is a tossup between them. There have been more posts on here about JIUHB's than AIUHB's, so I would go for the JIUHB personally. I have two of them, and they both do over 2400mhz on air cooling. Good luck.

AIUHB is only for 2100+ and 2400+. 1700+ you only have JIUHB . I would go for the DLT3C as on avg it overclocks better and runs at lower voltage. For example, the DUT3C will usually get over 2gig mark at 1.85v, but the DLT3C can run that at default voltage (1.5v)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :D

MameXP

My 1700 DUT3C doesn't like to go past 2.3 Ghz at any combination of FSB and Multi. 184x12.5, 192x12, 200x11.5, 210x11, watercooled at 39C under full load.

Back