• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2700 and PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishD

Hi all,

I have 512 Kingston 2700 EEC memory, and its clocked at 204 on my overclocked P4 ([email protected])

I want to buy another stick of 512 Kingston, 3200. Will this work with the 2700 stick, or will I have to get another 2700 stick..

It it does not work, would welcome some explaination as to why.

Thanks in advance.

Did you mean ECC? If so it will work if you aren't using ECC, if EEC is some memory brand or whatever then it should work just fine, but one of the sticks may limit the other's overclock.

You can run both, but when I ran two different types of sticks I kept getting a few more crashes and errors. Nothing serious, but it might happen to you as well.

yes its is non-ECC, brand is Kingston also.

spec is

Memory/512MB DDR 400Mhz nonECC DIMMCL3

from the retailer.

thanks,

Bought the ram, VDATA is the brand, sold as PC3200. Added alongside my Kingston 2700 valueRam. Got a couple of small program faults on start up. Everything else worked. Then ran new game Lomac, and could not get it to start. Then Reset all clocks to stock, tried again, still no go. Removed new ram, then Lomac ok. Overclocked back to where i started, then still ok.

So it appeared like my system is less stable with these two different sticks. But people comment here on the brands, and maybe this brand is the problem.

As long as you are not mixing different densities (eg. 512 DDR is 64x4, 32x8 and 64x8) then you should have no problems.

The name is what it is.....a name. What makes brands better than others is the quality they take into manufacturing the chips and PCB.

Back