• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright SLK-700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im not looking @ serious over cooling, but my cpu is naturally hot. ie 47°c Unoverclocked. I just want something better than my amd Stock Heatsink.

This is one great heatsink i jut ordered mine form SVC and i am realy impressed with the quality. The only flaw is the fact that u cant put a 80mm fan on there ( i ordered one with it and it dosent fit) so to answer the question, yes i would definity recomend it!

-Xander

Agent_Mull said:
Im not looking @ serious over cooling, but my cpu is naturally hot. ie 47°c Unoverclocked. I just want something better than my amd Stock Heatsink.

No such thing as over cooling!;)

Thats a good HS, if you don't have the extra money go for it and a good fan, if you do I would suggest the SP-97 or SLK-800/900 instead.

My question would be, why thermalright discontinued the sk7 and replaced it with this.... does this take a 80 mm fan? and which one would perform better?

i'd get the sk7 instead. there are issues with tmd fans still (i think)

This will answer the fan Q. THE FANMAN:cool:

Introducing the new all copper SP-97 heat pipe cooler from ThermalRight. The ThermalRight SP-97 is an extremely versatile cooler which can be used with any 80mm or 92mm fan. The SP-97 features an extremely efficient heat pipe technology for excellent heat dissipation.

Valk said:
My question would be, why thermalright discontinued the sk7 and replaced it with this.... does this take a 80 mm fan? and which one would perform better?

well the HS is L80mm x W60.8mm x H45mm, looks to me like it would fit an 80mm... then again maybe not since that wouldn't give room for the little flange deali... I would get an SLK-800 if it doesn't fit an 80mm fan. (or SK7 if that does and this doesn't)

They don't sell the SK-7 any more. I would go for the SLK 800 or 900s myself. If you want to save a little money try a ALX-800, that one will take a 80mm fan.

Could i temporarily improve my heatsink by sanding the side that contacts the core smooth then buffing it w/ a buffing wheel and jewlers rouge?
I know this still wouldnt fix my problem, but would it work.

Agent_Mull said:
Could i temporarily improve my heatsink by sanding the side that contacts the core smooth then buffing it w/ a buffing wheel and jewlers rouge?

well, sanding it wrong might making it worse
u have to lap it

Back