• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question about digi doc 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

hey after setting a spefic temperature point, and when the cpu or what ever passes that temp point does the digi doc 5 turn on the fan and keep it spinning till i turn the comp off? or does the fan stop after the temperature has gone below the set point?

No if you set a 50c threshold the fan will turn on at 50c and when the temp gets down to 49c it will turn off

1st of all. DO NOT GET THIS THING.

If you set temperature to 50c, it will turn on at 50c, and turn off at 49.9c. Since it only takes about 10 seconds to cool the sensor down 1/10 of a degree, your fans will be turning on/off/on/off every 10-15sec, which is REALLY annoying, especially if they are high CFM fans, like tornados.

what about the nexus multi function panel? as in is it good or crappy?
im gonna be using it for my external watercooling box, it will be there to control the the fan speeds, and to display the water temp etc.

Last edited:
What watt fans will you be running on your H2O cooling?The highest watt per channel fan control I know of is the Sunbeam it has 4 channels,each capable of 20 watts.But it doesn't monitor temps.Cooler Master Aerogate II does 4 ch.@ 18 watts per.It has 4 remote temp sensors also. THE FANMAN:cool:

CONTROLLER LINK :D

Last edited:
im gonna be using 4 fans in the front, and 2 in the back all of the fans are 80mm, i might get those fans that cost 5 bucks puts out 2200 rpm i dont remeber the rest of the specs.
btw that digi doc 5 cost 100 bucks here in canada

Last edited:
Dood you might consider getting some quality fans for your rig.
I know they are higher in price in Canada,but well worth the investment.After all cooling is the most important aspect of your system other than your PSU.With out these we are sunk! Panaflo,
Papst,and Sanyo-Denki come to mind.On the fan controller / temp monitor,I would see about the Cooler Master Aerogate II.How much are they ,for you? www.digi-key.com has the Panaflo 92mm U1A for an exceptional price.Can you work 92mm fans into your cooling plan?The larger the fan,more air,less pressure,except with the better fans. THE FANMAN:cool:

alright thx for the tip arch, ill think about the fans after i get my frame built, i still need to buy a couple off things to build the box before im ready to put the fans in. and ya about the fan controller ill think about the cooler master aerogate 2...... besides that im still wondering if the nexus multi panel is able to support all 6 fans......

Ok, After over an hours worth of reasearch,this is my conclusion on the fan control/temp monitor..If you are going to have multipule fans( ie.) 2 fans radiator /rear case exhaust /Front intake /Top blow hole....in theory,So you will need 4 seperate fan control curcuits.The Nexus only controls 1 fan curcuit.
There isn't any spec on the rheostat it uses.This is why I recommend the Areogate II. It has what you need. :D THE FANMAN:cool:

ok thx man thats what i needed to no :D btw do u no were to get 40mm fans(just like the one in ur avatar) with blue leds?
what kinda fans should i get? should i get them fast? or slow? or big for the front?? im thinking 4x80mm in the front if i dont have enough money left over

Have you seen my thread in cooling called MODDING XASER III ?
The bigger the better on case fans as long as you get all obsticles out of the way.If you haven't seen this thread at least lately your in for a treat.I'm slowly moving up to 92mm fans as this is probably the largest that will fit my case dimensions.The fan in my Avatar is my NB cooler fan,it came with my mobo.See sig! I like to get my fans with more air than I think I will need by a little.That way I run them turned down with my fan controller,or up when i need the additional flow. THE FANMAN:cool:

LINKAGE :D

Back