• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much will just timings help in this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idioteQnology

i have hyperx pc3200 running at specs in sig.

my friend is building a very similar rig and he doesnt want to oc so he is gonna buy the hyperxpc3200 with the lowest timings and ill give him 20 bucks for it and give him my 2x256 kit.

so basically i could just increase my timings a lil bit. is it worth 20 bucks or just a waste of time

the hyperx-3200 i bought was rated at cl2.5 and other higher timings. check newegg. the have hyperx pc3200 now with cl2 and tighter timings than mine.

Assuming they are both HyperX and not value ram or something then the HyperX PC3200 with the slacker timings ought to be KHX3200A fitted with CH5 chips. And the one with the tighter timings would be KHX3200 fitted with BH5 chips. But both should be CL2, KHX3200A 2-3-2-6 and KHX3200 2-2-2-6, and the one with the slacker timings is actually a newer model.

If the Spec is really DDR400 2,5-4-4-6 then I have no idea what you've got but I would not give that to a friend.

IMHO it is worth getting the one with the tighter timings even if the difference should not be as dramatic as that in your sig.
It's not worth loosing a friend for tighter timings, though...
You would want tight timings even if you do not overclock.

Br
hepp

Back