• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2003 week 47 CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KFB

I got a new Duron 1.6GHz from the 'egg and it is week 47. No matter what I do to the bridges is it locked like an Intel since it was made after week 39? I want to modify the multiplier because my old motherboard can't do near the 200MHz level. I see all the talk of Bartons but what about Durons? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I visited amdb.com forums and confirmed that I am stuck with the factory multiplier.

Last edited:
KFB, they're all the same chips but they're laser cut disabling extra cache to be turned from Bartons to Thortons and Bartons to Durons.

Same story it seems for all weeek 43 and later chips: all locked.

Steven4563, it can do 150MHz FSB stable. Any faster and the PCI and AGP are too far out of spec.

What MB do you have? Most KT333 chips have another divider set to kick in at 166mhz. Jump to there and see what happens. If pci/agp is in spec again, try bumping from there.

peace.
unloaded

My mobo is:
"Old Faithful" Gigabyte GA-7DXR - AMD 761 NB w/ Via 686B SB

Back