• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800xp @ 2.4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homer

this is my first amd i put together and i gotta say im liking amd so far :) is this a good OC 215*11.5 1.875v watercooled 35c idle/44c load prime stable. i can run 2.5 but i have too set my voltage at 1.975 and my temps would be 40 idle/55 load. is that pushing it? it ran prime stable last night but temps got me worried especially on watercooled? i might change my fans too a higher cfm too see if that helps any.

heres my system:

NF7 ver 2.0
1800XP
1gig Geil Golden Dragon PC3500
Saphire 9700Pro
Samsung Combo Drive (8mb buffer)
Maxtor 60gig

Big thanks to hitechjb1 whose collection of posts should probably be made into a sticky.

1. Increase of 60 MHz at the expense of increasing 0.2 volts is not recommended.

2. Assuming expected CPU life time is 10 years, 30% overvolt statistically reduces it to six years.

3. 30% overvolt for DLT3C's is 1.95 volts and for Bartons and DUT3C T-Breds, about 2.1 volts. (Remember to keep the on die CPU temperature under 65 C.)

4. Highest attainable stable Overclock cannot be reduced within months provided on die CPU temperature is kept under 65 C, however:

5. CPU weak spots not discovered during manufacturing stress tests may lead to permanent failure sooner than average:

hitechjb1 said:
A 10% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 83% of nominal failure time.
A 20% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 69% of nominal failure time.
A 30% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 59% of nominal failure time.
A 50% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 44% of nominal failure time.

Nominal failure time is assumed to be 10 years at default voltage.

Back