• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Upgrades

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

If my friend wants to upgrade ram on his dell computer do you think he ought to buy from dell or just get some ram of the same speed (PC2700) from newegg or something.

dell has super expensive prices, but my friend was in the similiar sitaution with a 800mhz machine from dell, and the only ram that worked with it was dell ram. So go figure i would order from dell just to be on the safe side.

borrow a freinds corsair/kingston/crucial/blah blah whatever and try it out, if it works, buy the same brand.

DayUSeX said:
dell has super expensive prices, but my friend was in the similiar sitaution with a 800mhz machine from dell, and the only ram that worked with it was dell ram. So go figure i would order from dell just to be on the safe side.

eh, Dell usually uses micron/crucial ram, or some other aftermarket stuff they get for cheap

crucial.com actually specializes in OEM upgrades, just put in the manufacturer and model of you pc and it will give you a great price, much better than dell will.

stan03 said:
i can lend you my ram fatccrunner....

thank you stan03, ill check into that

also,

snowwie said:

eh, Dell usually uses micron/crucial ram, or some other aftermarket stuff they get for cheap

crucial.com actually specializes in OEM upgrades, just put in the manufacturer and model of you pc and it will give you a great price, much better than dell will.

thank you, thats an awesome site and MUCH cheaper than dell, i appreciate it, thanks for the tip

You can just tell me the DELL model you have and I will tell you what you need. I have memory from PC2100 to PC3200 ranging from OEM to Major brands. I have Rambus too which crucial.com does not carry.

wanna_b_rich_13 said:
You can just tell me the DELL model you have and I will tell you what you need. I have memory from PC2100 to PC3200 ranging from OEM to Major brands. I have Rambus too which crucial.com does not carry.

I don't know where this is going, but remember, no sales outside of the classified section of this forum, we don't need a moderator banning anyone here.

eaglescouter said:

I don't know where this is going, but remember, no sales outside of the classified section of this forum, we don't need a moderator banning anyone here.

Im just trying to help him out. Everyone is telling him go here and go there but it is as simple as stating the model. If I was trying to sell something I would say "you can buy it from me!"

thanks for the help eagle, i got the crucial site down, its just that other site, the OCZ site that was confusing me, i think im gonna stick with the crucial, ive checked it out today and i havent found anything cheaper, im not really looking for any real nice RAM, i just want my regular ole 512 DDR PC2100 for my Dimension 4550 ... i dont need rambus or anything like that or any special premium DDR or something like that, i think the crucial will do me perfect, i appreciate the help, but if anyone does have any solutions that might be cheaper (even though the crucial seems a pretty fair price) i am still open to suggestions, thank you everyone for the help

If you have the 4550 (400Mhz FSB series) then it probably came stock at PC2100, but also will run the 333MHz FSB if you put PC2700 in.

Back