• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Memory Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boat

I just finished building my first AMD rig with a barton 2500 and an Asus A7N8X rev 2 motherboard. I have twin sticks of 256k Corsair XMS 3200 c2. I have begun getting sporadic post warnings that "system failed memory test". The computer still boots into Windows and appears to run properly. I am running at stock speed and have not overclocked.

Any ideas on what is going wrong and what I should do?

I just ran Memtest86 for twelve hours and got 68 errors. I don't know how to interpret this or weather this result would be within specs or not.

Boat

You should take one stick out and see if that one stick can finish memtest86 on its own. If it can then test the second one by itself. And if neither of them give errors then something bad is happening between the two sticks, you said these were just the same kind of memory didn't you, but not as a dual channel pack correct?

Still, test them individually to see if it's one module failing or both.

I'm guessing these might be CH-5 - if so, try lowering the voltage...how much voltage are you giving them currently? I've heard that at higher voltages CH-5 tends to cause problems with corruption.

Back