• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find info on changing SPD settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wanna_b_rich_13

Hi,

I am wondering where I can get info to change the SPD settings of memory.

If I am not mistaken that is how companies like OCZ, Geil, etc. overclock their memory to the speeds you see today of PC4200 and such.

I cannot find any info online explaining this so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I just purchased a memory tester that allows SPD programming and would like to learn more but I really do not know anywhere on line that even begins explaining it.

Thanks

I bought a Ramcheck Plus.

I know you can change the timings in the BIOS but you cannot change the indivudal bytes on the module. This will allow you to do so. The BIOS just pushes the memory harder on the motherboard that you are changing.

wanna_b_rich_13 said:
I bought a Ramcheck Plus.

I know you can change the timings in the BIOS but you cannot change the indivudal bytes on the module. This will allow you to do so. The BIOS just pushes the memory harder on the motherboard that you are changing.

Interesting product, I just checked it out, how much did it set you back? (I ask because you need to email them for pricing)

http://www.memorytesters.com/ramcheck/rcplus_spec.htm

They are around $3100 new. If you have an older SDRAM tester they can to an exchange which is what I did.

Back