• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp1800???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabbi

Xp1800???
A friend of mine has an unused XP1800 that I want to buy from him.
He's had it for at least a year now, but hasn't finished building his PC yet!

Would this be a Palamino, T-Bred A, or T-Bred B?
How do I tell?
Will it be unlocked, and if not, how easy is it to unlock?
Also, what are the chances of this chip being a good overclocker?

Thnx in advance for all the advice I know you're gona give me LOL

Welcome to the forums!!

Next time try to post this in the AMD CPU's subsection. As you can see this section is for anything that is not entirely specific to AMD or Intel. This would be AMD specific. To you and all others out there, try to post in the right section. ;) Don’t worry its not a major mistake, we all do it every now and then, but it really gets annoying seeing about 20 threads every day that are just in this section but belong in AMD or Intel.

Anyways, if you can actually see the processor, you will be able to tell if it's a Palomino or a Tbred because of the core. If the core is square and has the numbers and letters imprinted right on it, it’s a Palomino. If it is rectangular and has the numbers and letters on a black sticker its a Tbred. Also the code should start off with something like AXDA1800 DUT3C afdhasdfhao8sdf0r630q2ytq43t JIUHB 0308 UPMW

That is just an example but if you see a "DA" after the "AX" than its a Tbred. If not it’s a Pally. If you see things like "AGOIA" or "AGOGA" instead of the JIUHB, it’s a Palomino. If it’s a tbred and ends in A it will be a Tbred A if it is a Tbred B it will end in B.

Also you can download wcpuid that should tell you. If it is model 6, it’s a Pally, model 8, a Tbred.

If it is a Palomino core, then it will be locked and you will have to join the L1 bridges. The Tbred's are unlocked though. Also we will have to know what core type and the code on the lable or core to know how well it overclocks. If you can tell us everything except the long part with all the numbers that dont make any sense that would be great so in the quote tags below, it would be great if you could give us everything EXCEPT the part in the red. It wouldnt hurt if you gave it to us anyways, just that most people cant tell that much from that part.
AXDA1800 DUT3C afdhasdfhao8sdf0r630q2ytq43t JIUHB 0308 UPMW

I hope that helps! Good luck. :)
-Amd0Cer

Last edited:
@md0Cer, thanks bro that's GOOD feedback!
Sorry bout posting in the wrong forum, won't happen again sir... LOL :D

Bout the CPU, I won't see the actual chip for more than a week and I want to find out as much as I can bout it without actually seeing it... can you tell me from the age of it what it's likely to be?

Also, what specific stepping should I be hoping for?

See my post above, I just edited it :D

Also if you wont see it, go googling for "wcpuid" that is a prgram that will tell you specs about your CPU.

If he has had it for a year, it really could be either a tbred A or a palomino. :(

The best ones for overclocking for the 1800's are the tbred B JIUHB NIUHB and JIXIB. All with the DLT3C. The "L" in the last part specifies that the CPU has a stock vcore of 1.5 vs 1.6, 1.65 and 1.75. But if it is over a year old and is an 1800, it is most likely a Palomino. Those dont overclock too well :( Unfortunatly you will probably only be able to overclock that to 1.7-1.9Ghz on air. I had a 2100 and could only overclock it by 100Mhz. From 1.73 Ghz to 1.83.

the most I ever got out of my 1800+ was 1.67Ghz on air. I can get more out of my 1600+! It will most likley be a palomino if its that old.

Back