• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smal cooling for sb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

my sb gets pretty hot,so i need a smal cooler for it(would like a passiv one),problem is,my space is limited,cause of grafikcard cooler(tt giant 2 heatpipe),anyone an idea,what cooler i could use,or would it be enought,to only apply as 5,without cooler?

AS 5 isnt intended as a cooling solution, it is just used to transfer heat from one surface to another.

As for cooling the southbridge - perhaps a ramsink or two?

hm,i have no room for a ramsink,or i must cut it off,but i think,it wont be a good cooling,my room there is 18 mm...and the passiv cooler i bought(before knowing how big my grafikcooler is) is 45 mm...
wouldnt as 5 make better surface to air contact either?

You could try using an old P1 era heatsink, those are pretty low profile and should do a good enough job of cooling it. You could stick it on with some Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy and you would be good to go.
Dealing ouside the classifieds, even for freebies, isn't allowed. -eobard

hm,ok,an old hs,should have one flying around,not here,but when i m for xmas at home...
if that one is small enough,would be fine...

try one of the little heatsinks that comes w/ a vantec iceberg (not the iceberg 4)

lol,i get sound issues even running 200 fsb,running my oced fsb (atm 214x11) its really freakin in my team speak,sounds like xxxxxxx :(
at my store i wont get thermal epoxy...bad...
waiting for weekend to get epoxy...narf

Back