• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 Barton @ 217*10.5??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apenland01

I was reading someone's sig back a week or so ago and this person had a Barton 25 running at 217*10.5, but I can't find the sig anywhere now. I want to know what board and memory you are using as this is the kind of FSB I want to hit with my Barton 25. I am "fairly" sold on the Abit NF7-S v2 as I don't need some of the features on the A7N8X.

Also, let me know what increments you used to finally get there and any problems you had on the way. I don't believe in reinventing the wheel and if someone has had success doing what I want to do, then I follow their lead.

Thanks in advance.

Mustanley,

Both of your systems have nearly identical components, so which board would consider the best for stability at ~217FSB? I ask about 217 because I want to run sync with the 2 sticks of 3500 RAM.

Also what specific troubles did you run into with each board that gave you headaches getting to 220 from default?

I cannot get the A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2 stable above 211 FSB period. I have tried extra north and southbridge cooling, a chipset vmod, running memory out of sync, etc., etc.. I have seen others get high FSB on the A7N8X, but I was not so lucky. Now the NF7-S got me straight to 220 FSB with no fuss and my memory timings are 6-3-2-CL2 to boot. I can probably do better than 220, but it will take some work. I have the chipset vdd set to 1.7 and my vdimm bumped up to 2.9 as well. I like both boards, but the NF7-S is almost a sure thing for high FSB, so long as you have quality ram and psu.

I've already decided on the Antec 1080 AMG with the 430 Truepower, so I'm not concerned about the PS. I have the Mushkin Black L2 in my cart at Newegg and I have read that this is quality memory.

Thanks for the response Mustanley. I have a specific goal that I want to attain and I don't want something silly to keep me from reaching that goal. Since most of your components are the same except for the board, I have to assume it is the board that is keeping the bus at 211.

Thanks again.

I would be very suprised if you have any trouble hitting 217 FSB with those top notch components. You never know, 225 or 230 FSB is within reason.

hm,i cant even get 2400 mhz stable...oh,i see your are giving it 1,95 vcore and a tornado(uhuh,that noise) :)

mustanley,do you need the increase in chipset core?mine was stable running 220 fsb,without bumping the voltage there

I'm running 217 * 10.5 - but there's a story behind that. First, I'm not running dual channel, which hurts my bandwidth by about 10%. I just don't feel like forking over another 100 bucks right now (plus I was a noob when I bought my stuff so it's not the greatest). Although, running in single channel does allow you to get a higher FSB in most instances than running dual channel.

Secondly, if you attempt to run your FSB higher than 220, unless you use the hacked d10 bios for the NF7 NF7-S, you most likely will not be able to use the 10 or 10.5 multipliers.

So that's the story, if you need any other info this is the place to find it.

Twister1234 said:
mustanley,do you need the increase in chipset core?mine was stable running 220 fsb,without bumping the voltage there

Honestly, I went straight to 1.7 VDD and haven't backed down. It's definitely possible that it can do 220 FSB at stock chipset voltage, but I haven't tried yet.

Back