• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool Your System 5 Degrees Celsius!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dorimon81

This worked great for me. It cooled my system 5 degrees Celcius.
Basically, what I did was put a fan attached to an expansion slot cover blowing air onto the HSF.

This is the article that influenced my mod:HERE

I moddified this to fit my system and make it blow air over the HSF by bending the PCI slot cover so it diagonal from the HSF.

Here is a pic:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/517212/psu003.jpg

This little mod dropped my temps about 5 degrees Celsius and for 10 bucks, it was a great thing to do.

I hope you guys will like this one and use it if you have high temps.

Enjoy!!!

looks like it did the job for you. another popular alternative is to mount a fan in the side of the case right in front of the hsf that delivers cooler ambient air right over the hsf. another way to do that is to duct it right to the hsf so it doesnt get disturbed or disturb the air currents in the case. if you try that, you should see even better gains. good job using your head here.

mod on.

I've been using a similar setup for years. I have the "sideways" fan placed halfway across my video card as well to keep it cool. By tilting it upwards a bit, it does help with the airflow in the case.

My previous temps were as follows:

Case: 37 degrees Celcius

CPU: 52 degrees Celcius

My new temps are:

Case: 33 degrees Celcius

CPU: 48 degrees Celcius

Thanks for the input guys.

Back