• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot Woot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skydiver39

OK the low down.
Koolance Water Cooled system.
AMD Barton 2500XP is now clocked to 2.20 gig and running at 31 degress celcius in playing battlefield 1942 , sof 2, AAO, and other 3d games. . Voltage is at 1.65
PS is a Antec true power 430 watts
Running at this speed for one week now (24/7) and not a single stability problem.
Now my question for the next step. How much higher can I go?
Also, any help on using the water cooler on the video card. I am using a ati Radeon 9800 Pro......
Benchmarks used:
NBENCH
Omega drivers Artifact tester.
GL Excess
3dmark2003:cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Gonna try and go higher soon. MY FSB is at 200 now and cpu ratio 1:1. Memory is capable of running 434 mhz since it is the Crsair PC3500 Exxtreme. Got the video card water cooling setup and wondering how far I can push it as well.

looks like a fine system,if its a new looked cpu,you should be able to hit 220-225 fsb,with good cooling,and some more vcore

Thanks, I am still running at 1.65 vcore. I believe that is the factory setting for the chip. Haven't messed with it yet. What increments should i go wiht? See I am anoobie, well not really, just a big ole hairy *&&^$%%y. lol

YEAH pump some more juice into the system, say vdd 1.8v and up vcore to 1.9v and see what ya get, you can try 2v vcore just keep temps below 45oc to be safe, below 1.9v say below 50oc. in my situation i need better ram, you should have no problems for 220 FSB, if everything is ok you could then lower vdd back to 1.6v
run 3d benchmark 2001 se or something like that to check if stable, then keep going to you hit the wall and back off a notch

Last edited:
Skydiver39 said:
Gonna try and go higher soon. MY FSB is at 200 now and cpu ratio 1:1. Memory is capable of running 434 mhz since it is the Crsair PC3500 Exxtreme. Got the video card water cooling setup and wondering how far I can push it as well.

Whoa. You can definitely push that computer a HELL of a lot higher.

First of all, I'm running Valueselect Corsair PC3200. Right now it's running at 426mhz, with advanced timings. Translation, your ram can hit 450 easily.

Second, if you're watercooling, definitely increase the voltage, I'd go straight up to 1.775, with temps like you have, I don't think you have much to worry about, just watch your temps, obviously.

A few tips - Keep your ram at a 1:1 at all times, it's not worth a few extra mhz in the cpu. Second - uh... I forgot, just have fun!

awesoem will boost the vcore up then to 1.775. For the fsb, should I boost that to say 204? then wait awhile>

sound like a plan, fisrt up the vcore then slowly inscrease the fsb, run something like3dmark 2001se, if passes keep uping fsb untill it crashes then back off. increase the vcore say .25v more then run prime 95 for few hours, if crashes increase vcore again untill prime 95 stable and watch those temps, once prime pass you o/c is safe

You all are great and thanks again and have a merry christmas and will let you know how it goes.

Okay, Looks like I hit my limitations. 199 fsb x 2 398 cpu 2219mhz
temps 92 F or 33C.
If I go to 200 FSB x2 I start having stability issues. So I can not complain. A cool 92F degrees and running at the mhz I am I feel I am doiing really great.
My benchmarks on my video are outstanding unrealisitc IHMO. Thank you all so very much and Kayl, than oyu for the PW,

Okay the latest and final speed.
2.21 gig at 400 FSB running at 35 degrees celcius. Ran Prime 95 for 3 days straight under the torture test and no issues., Ran it up to 420 and had a shut down after 8 hours of the torture test.
So I am happy with the 2.21 gig fromt he stock 1.84 gig chip. Guess not too bad eh?
Si Sandra runs a great bench mark right up there with the 2.4 and 2.6 intel.

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
Speed : 2.21GHz
Model Number : 3200 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR3197 (estimated)
Type : Standard
Package : Socket A PGA
Multiplier : 11/1x
Generation : G7
Name : Duron M10 & Athlon MP/XP (Barton/Thorton) 1.8GHz+ 1.65V
Revision/Stepping : A / 0 (0)
Stepping Mask : A2
Core Voltage Rating : 1.650V
Maximum Physical / Virtual Addressing : 34-bit / 32-bit

hey what are your ram timings, also you could up the vcore more, can use up to 1.9v and must stay below 50oc to be safe, at 330c its safe to push up the vcore

Back