• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-M 2400+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Barton

ive been doing alot of reading up on these chips. they run at 1800MHz stock, and at 1.45V. from what ive read, the NF7-S does recognize these chips properly, since it supports voltages down to 1.1V. ive also read that these chips are pretty OCable. they have them for $85 at newegg. think its worth a shot?

I was thinking of getting one of thee too. Newegg is currently ou of them. Nxt time they're in stock, I'd like to knw if they are still unlocked, and if they are a good stepping before I buy.

I've been thinking about them to, but every reseller has conflicting info on operating frequency, multiplier, and default voltage. AMD's documentation is lacking in the XP-M department, so I shot them an E-mail asking for the low-down last night.

For instance Newegg has the following listed:

AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2400+, 266FSB, 256K Cache - OEM

With the following OPN:

AXMH2400FQQ4C

The last "4" denotes 512KB cache, but It's listed as 256KB. Big difference.

The first "Q" denotes 1.45V operating voltage, but it's listed as 1.25V. Big difference.

Every site that sells XP-M's has the specs slightly different.

The only XP-M that has a default voltage of 1.25V is the 1700, and according to the pic at newegg, it's a T-bred A core, AIRGA stepping none the less. That's the most ancient A core I can think of. * Runs away screaming*

Something else I'm leary about... If 1.8GHz is the operating frequency, that equates to a multiple of 13.5 (133 x 13.5 = 1.8GHz). If these are locked, in order to reach a FSB of 200MHz with a multiplier of 13.5, the CPU will need to be running at 2.7GHz. Good luck.

Last edited:
Newegg also carries 2500+ mobiles. You have to view the "All" section of the mobile CPU's to find them. They have a half-step higher multiplyer and sell for $10 more.

I don't think these are new enough tyo be locked. The actual specs are 1.45vcore, 1.8Ghz 13.5x133. Or in the case of the 2500+'s, 1.45vcore, 1.86Ghz 14x133. Also, thexse CPU's are rated for a higher heat tolerance than desktop Bartons. They are built to withstand 100C max temp instead of the typical 85C. Not sure if that matters much in the end....

ive read of a few guys getting 2.4GHz+ on the 2400+ XP-M. i couldnt find anything about the 2500+, since it is a relatively new chip. the only mobos that will accept an XP-M are mobos that can run voltage under 1.5V.

I think I recall reading over at XS that the Mobile 2500+ overclocked worse or equal to the desktop chip. I'll try to dig up the thread link.

My guess is these chips are unlocked; I think they would have to be to use Powernow.

Last edited:
Anyone who has one of those or will get one, please post back with results; I'm thinking of getting a mobile chip, too.

I actually decided to build myself a new rig using one of these. I must say I LOVE it. I bought a Biostar 200n SFF, 1g Mushkin 3500 l2 and added leftovers from other computers and parts from my main rig(damn epox board died). Worked on it last night and have it very stable @ 11.5*200=2300mhz @1.7v 2-2-2-11 at the moment. Before I added everything else (2*raptor 36g in raid 0, 80g wd se, gf 3 ti200, winfast tvcard, and a dvr-106) I had it at 2500mhz, but I can not keep it up w/everything in there(200w ps). My temp without everything in there are load at 40*c with 50*c. I will be doing some cutting to fit some fans. I must say this thing is ungodly fast. I love it. Plus I can take it with me, unlike the beast weighing in at just over 90lb. Now I am going to try and get an old 350w ps in there. With that I think I will be able to get 2400 stable.

Justin

I wonder if the mobile chips are still unlocked - or did the week 40 multiplier lock include them too?

What is the default bus speed for the mobile XP2500? Some sites say it's 266, others that it's 333. Just wanted to work out some multipliers.

Honestly I don't know. I put it in and jumped it strait to 200. I know that the mult. is 5.5, but who cares its unlocked, 1.55v, 512k and does 2400mhz at 40*c in a sff. What more can a person ask for ;)

I read an post by Lithan here in this forum a while back, and he got some ungodly good results with his Mobile 2400+ in his water system. I will see if I can dig up a link for you all.

I plan on trying to get one of these in the new year (although I will need an American middleman to order from newegg for poor, Canadian, me ;)) - they stock at a 1.45 Vcore, and run really, really cool.

EDIT:

Here is the link - apparantly 2600 MHz stable with a 2.2 Vcore - but only 19 DC above ambient @ full load.

:drool:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243505&highlight=Mobile+Barton

Last edited:
so whos gonna jump on the XP-M bandwagon with me? :D i think i might get one of these chips. but first thing, i need to take a look at the 2500+s my local computer store has to see if i can find an unlocked one. he had alot to pick from last time i was there, but that 2100+ 0304MPMW got my attention really quick, so i had to snatch that up lol.

Zazuk here on the forums has one of these and it seems to be a very good overclocker. You can maybe PM him and ask a few questions :)

Back