• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp.diff core/hs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
Does anyone know ho big the temp. difference there is between the GPU(my) and the heatsink. Uhhmmm....That would be hard to answer... Point is are we talkin 1 degr. 5 degr. 10.degr.?

The temps on the back of the card will be more accurate.

It depends on where you take the temp of the HS for how accurate it is. If it's right next to the core, then you're probably within 5*C of the actual temperature. However, farther out from the core and it isn't even accurate enough to guess the temp within 10*C probably.

i think he meant between like the actual core, and the actual heatsink, around the point of contact? am i close DaWiper? if i guess i would say somewhere around 1C if not less

Sorry stan03, What I meant is how much the core temp drops the longer away you get along the heatsink. Here's a actual pic of my card the spot marks where the sensor is place... if the temp there is like 10 degr. below core, adding some exstra(5?) cuz of the airflow around the sensor. Then my card should have about 50 degr. idle temp???? Sensor says around 35

Attachments

• 3db_fx5600u_c2.jpg
    3db_fx5600u_c2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 23
Back