• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wacky temp readings on nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmitchellfly

Anybody else experienced this?

All too often I get temp readings (CPU) that are incorrect.

Im using MBM5 and Hardware Doctor (came w/nf7-s).

I know what my temps should be, and sometimes they read too high according to MBM5. When I go to BIOS they are correct.

Not too big a deal, but D*** irratating!

Pls forgive if this is not the right to post this.

In the BIOS they will be a lot lower just because the processor isn't making as much heat.

The temps raise and lower a lot depending on how hard you're working your processor. The MBM5 temps are most likely accurate within a few degrees of the real temperature, maximum I'd say is 2-3 degrees difference.

Not absolutely sure but the board may only use temp readings from the internal diode for hardware/temp monitoring which would be shown in the bios also. For other readings it may be reporting from the thermister under the chip?

Is there an internal sensor built in to the CPU?

(BTW The Hardware Doctor uses the sensor under the CPU)

temp readings on this board arent allways equal,try runing prime for an hour(after coldstart),read your temps,and then restart,and try it again...my readings after warmboot,are about +10 C°...

The NF7 boards have always been really bad with temps. If you always get about the same temp differences you could change the setting in mbm5 that will add or subtract so much from the temps it reads. Its under the temp/visual tab if I remember right. It wont exactly fix your problem but it will go around it. :)

Back