• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Misery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SleepyDragon

Registered
Hello I am having a small problem with my Comp. The problem is that I set up the new parts I just got and I ran prime95 got loads of invalid data being spat out.

My new rig is a Barton ‘3000’ with 1 gig dual channel Mushkin pc 3200 with an abit KV7 motherboard. Also the machine does have a 550 W power pack so I do not believe that the problem comes from lack of power.

The machine its self has not been over clocked and the CPU and ram are on the correct timings however I still can’t pass even one test in Prime95. If any one has an ideas that would be great.

You can eliminate the memory as a potential problem by running memtest86. Also, you can try raising the vdimm to clear up the problem. However, if it doesn't do stock timings on stock voltage, I'd RMA it to Mushkin.

~THT

Back