• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-2700 Blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the memory works fine, then you have nothing to worry about. CPU-Z reads from the SPD of the module and gathers information about the module. Certain modules may not give CPU-Z accurate data.

As long as your memory is working at its rated timings, etc. then you are fine, I am sure most people here would concur. Feel free to PM me.

-Sean

Well if that CPU-Z is showin right, those timinings ARE NOT CORRECT!. They should be set to 2.5-3-3-6 at least.

Yes well like I told SeanOMatic the mobo will auto detect those settings for the Kingmax when it is by itself. On the other hand the mobo will not do that with just the OCZ the timings shown on the CPU-Z are the same as what auto detect in the bios says. Tonight I plan on tring again to see what it does this time.

Yea do it manual no auto detect. Auto detect doesn't correctly find the timings. Well if its just doing the timings shown those are the tightest timings possible for the ram, heck my ram doesn't even do that below spec. You really need to loosen the timings up, 2-2-2-5, 2-3-3-6, 2-4-4-8, 2.5-3-3-6 or 2.5-4-4-8 just to get it rolling. (those are listed tightest to loosest, loosest is best for starting the OC)

2.5-4-4-8, there is only a couple options here forgot exact names but only one can go up to 8, and the other 2 can only go up to 4

Back