• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackclovers

Registered
i have a 1700xp with a throughbred B core, i did the L1 bridge mod but when i turn on my computer i get nothing, the screen stays blank. i just wanted to know if it is gone or not?

Exactly what do you mean by "I get nothing"? Does it power up at all? What mobo do you have? If you have post code led's the code might tell you what the problem is. Let's start with the type of mobo, ram, p/s etc and go form there.

Twister1234 said:
hm,nothing sounds like,hm,nothing,no beep,no blinkling:p nothing^^

Some people equate nothing with a blank monitor, when actually, the fans power up, the hdd spins up etc...etc... If absolutely NOTHING is happening, I would suggest plugging it in or turning on the p/s switch. I am giving him a little more credit than that and trying to get a little more useful information.

blackclovers said:
i have a 1700xp with a throughbred B core, i did the L1 bridge mod but when i turn on my computer i get nothing, the screen stays blank. i just wanted to know if it is gone or not?

Why did you mad the L1s on a chip where they are already closed? What did you do, exactly?

my cpu fan comes on, my harddrive starts and the data read light is blinking, but my screen isning getting a signal, at all. this wasnt a problem i had before i did the mod.

this is pretty much exactly what i did:
http://overclockers.com/tips693/

We understand what you did, what we don't understand is why you did it? The thoroughbred CPUs are unlocked, unless its the latest week 39 or newer chip which can be locked.
Did you make absolutly sure non of the connections got cross connected or 2 of the connections were somehow shorting?
There are no pits on Tbred CPUs,could you explain what EXACTLY you did?

blackclovers said:
my cpu fan comes on, my harddrive starts and the data read light is blinking, but my screen isning getting a signal, at all. this wasnt a problem i had before i did the mod.

this is pretty much exactly what i did:
http://overclockers.com/tips693/
You couldn't have done that to the L1 on a thoroughbred, there are no pits to fill, because the bridges were never cut. Are you sure you did the correct bridges? Can you undo the mod?

Back