• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Temps are the right ones?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dorimon81

Today, when I went to go check my BIOS for the CPU temperature, it said that the CPU was at 49 Celcius. When i ran Sisoft Sandra, it said that the CPU is at 35 Celcius.

Which temp is the real one?

Kinda hard to say.Didn't give us much to work with. There are a few mobo's that have temp. report issues.If you put your rigs specs in your signature ,we'll always have it to view.Thanks,
THE FANMAN:cool:

Ok here are the specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ at stock speed
320 MB PC133 RAM
60 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
Fan in PSU
Fan on heatsink
Fan under HSF inside computer
Fan on side panel intaking air

The Mobo is from emachines. I think it's built by FIC. Here's a link

LINK

The only difference is that my board doesn't have the DDR RAM and this one does, but they look the same and have most of the same features.

I have a FIC mobo as you can see in my sig.:D Can you tell us what bios it has .It should say on the screen when it boots up.
My mobo is for Intel and has a Pheonix/Award Bios,not sure about yours.Mine reports what I believe to be fairly accurate temps.But thats not worth much,in answering your Q. I know FIC is not on MBM 5's list and sandra says my rig is on FIRE!!The 49° C from the bios is prob. the correct of the two.IMHO,,THE FANMAN:cool:

I just installed MBM 5. My FIC AM37(or emachines' duplicate of it) is on the list. The temps are pretty accurate to the BIOS ones. Only about 2 degrees off. The BIOS is for AMD and it is also Pheonix/Award. I think that it's just a problem with Sandra because MBM says that my CPU temp is 36 Celcius and MBM s saying that it is 49 Celcius.

Anyways, thanks for the help!!!

Greatly apprectiated!!

Back