• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

small chip on 1700+ Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

I was wondering, someone on this forum is willing to sell me a DL3TC 1700+, but he says there is a small chip on the core. he SAys it works fine and he has used it.

just wondering, is it possible for this to work like it should? its just a small chip, and i wouldnt think it would be a problem...

but then agian wouldnt that kill the processor?
Just wondering. what do you experts think? i'll take it ASAP if its good, as i cant find one of these elsewhere.

...anyone? i really dont want to buy and have this blow up on me...i'd be out $45 and have no processor!

The busness side of the core is facing downward (I believe), so a small chip probably won't kill a cpu. However, it will decrease the surface area of the core, making it slightly harder to cool well.

it will certainly decrease the effective heat transfer surface area. I have a chipped 1700dlt3c that is doing 2000 1.7v and wicked hot with the stock cooler. I threw it in my wc rig once to see, it requires more voltage than my uncracked 1700dlt3c but it still works fine. More voltage, hotter operating temps, slightly lower o/c. if it's cheap enuf go for it.

J.

Back