• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ into 3200+ mod? Guy making money on ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GameFAQsRolo

Official Cool Guy
Commerce, Los Angeles County, California, USA
I'll just start with the link
CLICK ME!

The guy is selling a 2500+ modded into a 3200+ for $165. What I'm wondering is if there is a mod that will lock the 2500@3200 speeds? or is he just selling the 2500+ and telling the buyer to up the FSB in the BIOS when they receive it? He does claim that he has done a modification to the chip and that he guarantees it. If you read the description, he states that he will not reveal the mod he has used.

Legit or not? He does have plenty of positive feedback. In benchmarks, does an overclocked 2500+@3200+ do as well as a 3200+? Is he just making money or is he actually providing a useful service to those, who do not know how to overclock, looking to save a buck on a fast chip?

yep, we've discussed this on another forum. personally i think the guy should be tarred and feathered. it is legal for him to do it, afterall, he is telling you its a modded 2500+ and not telling you straight up its a 3200+.

Bart

He probably tweaks the bridges to make the mobos read the default FSB as 200 MHz instead of 166. This way no bios adjustments are needed.

Back