• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston pc 2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mazdarx7

Registered
I was curious if i could overclock this ram at all? it is currently running at stock speeds (133mhz DDR)

yes you can but not that much from my experience.
i was only able to get it up to 150mhz and my system was unstable. But i know my cpu can go higher, my memory and board are holding me back at the moment.

Like BIB stated...about 150 or so will be about the max on Kingston PC2100 and that is using 2.9v's...as cheap as PC2700 is getting...best to get some descent PC2700...even the Kingston PC2700 value ram can run at 5-2-2 cas 2 up to between 175 - 180 or so...but it will max out between 190 and 200 and if you are lucky you might be able to get it past 205, but not by much...I was able to get my old PC2700 value ram at 208FSB but that was running some really relaxed timings...and some high voltage...plus I added heatspreaders to them...and no, if they are installed correctly Kingston will still warranty them with aftermarket heatspreaders...emailed them before I added mine...

Back