• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any info on strange stepping code?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

multifacitedonyx

I am sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, but I am new. However, I did search the stepping code threads and did not find anything on this particular code.

In my search for a unlocked thorton I found the following

AVDC2000DUT3C Y886616240100
AQXEA 0328 MPMW

I have not installed it yet, but I am guessing it is a thorton from the "Q", and is unlocked from the 28th week of production, but I have never come across the "AVDC" part. Lots of AXDA and AXDC, but no AVDC. Does anyone know of this and what it might mean?

Thanks

Defo is a Thornton - maybe the guy putting the labels on made a typo? :p

It's a good buy - late week AQXEA, unlockable L2 cache and adjustable multiplier.

hard to find

yea, it was hard to find, and cost a little more than usuall (esp. since the seller did not know what it was). But given the fact that I am selling my two week 42s (both locked) for more than I paid for them it is ending up costing me about $20, so a really good buy.

I will post the results of its performance once I get it up and running.

Yes, this is my hope; to mod it to a barton. I went through 3 CPU's to find a pre week 39 so I hope it is worth it.

Back