• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoroughbred A or B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

How can you tell and whats the difference. I am looking at buying an XP 2200+. Also, is there anywhere you know of to buy one where you can request A or B.

You want a Tbred B without a doubt.

To tell the difference, look at the stepping. If it is something like JUIHB then it is a tbred b. If it is something like JIXIA then its a TBred A.

TBred Bs are far better for overclocking.

B for sure. You probably can't find too many A's around (new ones anyway).

I had my 1700+ A and I had to use quite a bit of Vcore to get it overclock to my need. 2100+ I had was "B" and I only needed to use ~1.75V.

i feel dumb for asking this, but wouldnt that make a DLT3C a "C" core? i dont think they exist, so that must be a different code than i'm thinking of, right?

You all are being a lot of help in a sea of confusion(yes I'm a newbi).

Which stepping of the T-bred B's is the best for overclocking, I know with the palomino's it was the AGOIA's.

DLT3C B (not A) is the best. They're 1700+ and 1800+ DLT3C B (not A.)

After that, any 2100+ Thoroughbred B, even those made in late 2002 are excellent overclockers.

Back