• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my 900A, what a difference!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Barton

i got my SLK-900A today, and im very impessed with this thing. its the first thermalright heatsink ive ever owned and im damn happy with it. when i was using my Zalman CNPS3100plus i was idling in the low 40s at 1.6V. now, im at 1.675V and idling about 34C, and thats only with a 48cfm sunon 92mm. i will be getting a TTSF2 soon, if i can find one. all of the sites these days seem to be selling the LED SF2, but i dont want the bling. just thought id share my experience with everybody. from now on, im a thermalright only guy....unless i decide to do a water setup one day.

The cheapest I know of is bestbyte.net. I personally have switched to a 92mm Enermax adjustable that cools almost as much quieter and with a more pleasant sound. The SFII on high does cool better but it sounds like a hair dryer at that speed.

is there any difference between the slk900a and the slk947u apart from the compatibility with mobos? any cooling improvements with the slk947?? the 900 is bigger and they take the same size fans (92mm). Thanks

are you sure the 900 is bigger? i thought the 947 was supposed to be slightly larger and have better cooling. the main difference is that the 900A doesn't use the 4 mounting holes that the 947 uses.

bk94si said:
I personally have switched to a 92mm Enermax adjustable that cools almost as much quieter and with a more pleasant sound. The SFII on high does cool better but it sounds like a hair dryer at that speed.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!

I did the same thing and with my SLK-900A, I will NEVER go back to a TTSF2. The thing wasn't loud to me until I got that 92mm Enermax. Then I realized how much hearing I had actually lost.

Try the Panaflo 92mm U1A from www.digi-key.com Item #P9760-ND. This is the only place I know of that has them.If you think the 92mm Enermax,which I had, is quiet the panny is quieter.And so are some of the higher end fans.The blades on the fan are cupped and sharp.You dont need a leaf blower on it to disapate the heat.A cool case temp does help though.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Lol, its funny how we all have the same experience. I too was saved much of hte pain when I got my 92 mm enermax adjustable.... quite an improvement over my SFII... I love this thing hehe.

It cost me $18.49 tax, title and license.:D I wish I would've purchused more but,I have to test different types .This Panaflo doesn't have rpm capabilities.I wired the yellow rpm wire to the mobo ,but no rpm in bios.Buy the way the fan was shipped to Houston,TX. THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: Just a little something I picked up in the mid 70's

"We would rather explain the price of quality than have to apoligize for something less"

I try to live by this in my work and purchases.

Last edited:
remember, with the 92mm fans you get a massvie dead spot under the fan hub. id make some kind of stand off to put in between the fan and the heatsink.

cstarritt said:
remember, with the 92mm fans you get a massvie dead spot under the fan hub. id make some kind of stand off to put in between the fan and the heatsink.

The dead spot on my enermax 92mm fan is WAY smaller than the dead spot on my SF2. WAY smaller!!

I have mine mounted that way. I used the wire clips to mount just the gutted fan in the normal way, then I used long wood screws that go down through my enermax and into the gutted fan. The wire clips just get a little munched in there. :)

I made a 120mm->92mm adapter/spacer from cardboard, so now I have good CFM and pressure, without the noise. This was on a 947u.

Back