• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x512 Corsair pc3200 small problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caRpetbomBer

When i use 2x512meg sticks of corsair pc3200 in my NF7-s rev2.0
Doesn't matter if i have it in single channel or dual. My computer does not like it at all. Prime crashes like after 5 hours. With one stick prime is stable forever.
I use the 19 bios. 10x200fsb with all different timings and voltages to the ram. Any ideas whats up.

Anyone heard of corsair not working properly in a NF7-S rev2.0

which corsair pc3200 is it?
if it's ll try 2-3-2-6
another thing that could cause prime to crash is cpu instability, your board should be fine (maybe try increasing vcore)
btw, i'd use either d10 bios or v20 if I was you

The ram is CMX512-3200c2 v1.2
The reason i don't want to use the bios 10 is cause i have a raid and I'm afraid of corruptions.

I tried like super relaxed timings and everything.
The settings i use now are 100% stable but when i add the other stick its bad news.

I have always heard, two sticks of corsair 512 3200 don't clock as well as one stick does. It kept me from upgrading my memory. When I do, I think i'll go with a single gig stick.

Spacemonkey said:
I have always heard, two sticks of corsair 512 3200 don't clock as well as one stick does. It kept me from upgrading my memory. When I do, I think i'll go with a single gig stick.

yes, but his one stick aint even working @ spec, or even below spec...

just check your timings, i had problems with it too for a bit then i adjusted mine and it works great, rock solid for months now. below are my timings and setups. corsair pc3200 works great. also is it xms or the budget stuff?

|
|
|
|
V

Yeah its XMS. I'm going to have to setup another system or get another hard drive cause every-time i install the other stick of ram in my system i get BSOD. I want to test the stick by it self. And not kill my raid setup that i just installed. Funny thing is i had the system working for the longest time with both sticks @10x200 2.5-3-3-11 default everything less.

Thanks guys
I found the problem.
I made a boot-able cd of memtest.
i got over 10000 errors with the other stick of ram i guess that means its toast. ROFL

Back