• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think maybe when crucial say 2.6v then that is what the memory is rated for. If it runs fine at 2.5v then its probably best not to go increasing it.

i concurr, increasing hte memcore is only useful the memorey isnt making the connection (mem failures, lockups ect), so if its running fine at 2.5 dont bother upping it to 2.6 ...unless you decide to OC it and its isnt making the grade anymore, then you may want to consider upping it to 2.6, or maybe even more

Try http://www.memtest86.com/ to see if the memory is stable, the memory is rated at CAS 2.5 but I find mine runs just fine at CAS2 on default volts, i'm running mine at 2.7v with the tightest timings possible and running 170FSB and have had no problems so far, I have had it much higher but i'm currently playing around with the OC so i cant tell you how high it can go although I have had it up to 186FSB

-Chris

Back