• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin black lvl 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

What FSB can yall achieve at 1:1 ratio and what voltage. Is the L12 wire mod the only way to get higher fsb w/o doing volt moddin. It seem I can only do around 222 @ 2,2,2,11 w/o getting errors in memtest. 227 and 225 i can run games all day w/o a crash.. i just dont like that it gets errors in memtest so i run it at 222. What kinda wires can you use besides phone wire. I couldnt strip an old fan and use a wire in it?

i'd like to point out that right now on newegg the mushkin black lvl2 high perf (512) is only a few bucks more than the 3200 version. they both use BH-5, so they are gonna be nice...

Hmm...this stuff looks good. I'm glad I'm getting a stick...

Biznatch - you should raise your tRAS to 11 for better scores. Worked for me, and you might get a couple more MHz out of it too. :)

necromanx13x: I think its something else holding us back. Prob not enough voltage to be givin to go higher.. *shrugs*

Have you tried doing the L12 mod? That got me about 15 more MHz after some burning in. I think it may have also given me a higher stable CPU overclock too, but I'm not sure. It's definitely worth your time though.

yeah, i think i might try doing a vdimm volt mod during christmas break, hopefully i dont ruin the entire mobo.

i havent tried it yet.. what are all the kinds of wires i can use. I dont have any spare phone wire laying around. I wish i could do a volt mod.. but i have no multimeter, or soldering gun

You don't need a multimeter or a soldering gun or anything for the L12 mod. Just a thin strand of wire...almost any kind of wire will do. I stripped some electrical wire and used a single copper filament...most wires are like that. You might even be able to use wire from an IDE cable, who knows. Just get a really small strand and put it in the processor socket like this:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15300

That actually made my AthlonXP default to 200fsb for some reason, but whatever...it works!

Back