• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcx4000- temps too high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

hey guys im doing an informal poll for the people using the mcx4000/with a hi speed fan. my 2.4c at stock voltage(1.50)and speed idles at 42c and runs around 48c with a load. the ambient temps are about 68-70f when i crank her up using 1.68v and running about 3480 the cpu idles at 50c and when stressing it on prime it hits 60c. I am curious because i really expected lower temps at stock speed/voltage. also the temps when overclocked seem hi for a hsf of this caliber as i am overvolting the cpu reasonably(1.68). I guess my question is: is this a normal temp for the guys running a similar setup? or should i expect lower temps. thanx for any input flappercurious

it's difficult to tell anything from just temps

those temps are certainly far from dangerous, and that is all that really matters.

If you can hold a decent overclock with it, and you are confident that you mounted the heatsink perfectly, you have nothing to worry about

There is certainly no blame for the swifty, because it in fact is one of the best. I wouldn't be that worried.

well thats my quandry. im getting errors on prime and i think the 60c is a factor. if other guys are running similar temps and speeds and are stable, that willi point toward the cpu. but if alot of guys are getting errors runnin prime at 60c then heat is may be the major factor in my errors.....

60c? feel the heatsink (the copper part)

does it feel like it's 60c?

if not, it's mounted wrong

if it does, then everything is fine

then again the thought just occured to me, i have an ic7 mb. which is notorious for screwed up temp readings. hmmmmm i wonder if it is the mb reading the temps incorrectly?

Back