• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

black lvl 2 and Max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pkrew

I got some pc3500 black lvl 2 in today to see if I could do better than the hyperx that I have. I'm sure your mileage may vary but I was only able to boot into widows at 247 1/1 tight timings with the black lvl 2. I'm typing this at 250 1/1 tight timmings with the kingston. Its possible that the lvl2 has a problem with the low vtt of the Max3. Not sure will look into it further.

What's the actual voltage getting to the memory on your Abit MAX3? - ~3.15-3.2V? How's the stability w/ 3V+? 247MHz (DDR496) or 250MHz (DDR500) are both great scores. Of course you know, price doesn't equal performance :)

I haven't made an actually measurement of the Vdmm. Its set for 3.2V and abitEQ reads 3.15V. Vtt reads 1.36. Its stable with the Kingston at 247 not at 250, but will run benches at 250. Haven't tested stabliliy of the Mushy at 247, but am somewhat disappointed in it and it will probably go into my second system.

How can you be disappointed with RAM rated at 216mhz doing 247ish? That's very very good...

I read somewhere around here that a guy got higher max stable memory speeds by putting a fan over the memory. Just a thought...

Older BH5's are better than new ones. HyperX 3500 w/BH5 is about the best BH5 there ever was. I don't care what you call it, rate it, or charge for it anything current that carries BH5 is likely to be no better than what you already have, and as you saw with the Mushkin, might well be worse.

Is any of the HyperX like that still available? If it still does better than the Mushkin then it's worth a try.

You're right of course Larva, I thought it would be worth a try. Maybe an adjustable 3v rail PSU would give me the extra I'm looking for, but again maybe I just need to be happy where I'm at, lol

Im happy at3650mhz

I know overclocking can be an adiction but i think im really happy where im at with the money i spent. I think from here i will wait for the prescot and then upgrade to something that will gurrantee me 4gighertz say a 3.0c presscot for 200 bucks
im sure you computer is faster than mine .
I had a question though i have a sparkle 400 watt thats modded. As i remember the 3volt rail was raised along with the 5 volt rail. WIll this help with the max 3

I'm not sure it would help and I'm sure your machine does very well. It would do better however if you got yourself some bh-5 and ran it 1/1 with the best timmings than you can get. I ran 2001se with and with out GAT enabled, meaning F1 vs Auto and there was a 400 point drop without F1 enabled

Back