• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strip to unlock Barton's and ThoroughBreds??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snipester

http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...=PROD&Product_Code=2321CGTC&Category_Code=215

You guys think this will work??
I just ordered a 2600+ T-Bred B 266 Might be unlocked......
but I don't think it will do any good for me anyways since my FSB probably cannot pass 150-155...... Reviews show my board as a poor FSB overclocker and no 1/5th divider.
I was just going to Up some FSB and leave it at that.....

It says it unlocks 5x to 12.5x only........ IS there a way to mod it futher to get to the 13x + multipliers?? .....

Also since my mobo reads only the 4 bits then if I have a chip with a multi > 12.5 does it change all my multipliers automatically? So if its unlocked I should be able to up the multiplier?

There is nothing that can be done to bridges or pins that can change the locked Barton multiplier because they are not connected to the circuitry.

Those things are for old factory unlocked CPUs that can't post all the multis on certain mobos.

Some mobos cannot post all the multipliers even though the chips themselves are unlocked.

When the chip itself is locked, those strips will not help you.

c627627 said:
There is nothing that can be done to bridges or pins that can change the locked Barton multiplier because they are not connected to the circuitry.

Those things are for old factory unlocked CPUs that can't post all the multis on certain mobos.

Some mobos cannot post all the multipliers even though the chips themselves are unlocked.

When the chip itself is locked, those strips will not help you.

Won't work on locked bartons, but the pin mod will allow you to change the multi on any unlock barton or Tbred... regardless if the motherboard allow's mulit adjustment... I have used the pin mod on K7S5A's..., which have all but no OC options and it works perfect.

so on an UNLOCKED cpu

shorting the pins under the CPU from that website will make the mobo "think" the chip is a different multi, FSB, voltage etc..???
So when u mean locked... do u mean Multi, FSB, and voltage?? or just multi?

Snipester said:
so on an UNLOCKED cpu

shorting the pins under the CPU from that website will make the mobo "think" the chip is a different multi, FSB, voltage etc..???
So when u mean locked... do u mean Multi, FSB, and voltage?? or just multi?

Locked means the multiplier...FSB is for the memory...and you can change the voltage on the core weather or not it is locked if your BIOS supports that option...

Snipester said:
so on an UNLOCKED cpu

In short YES... the voltage pin mod is a bit tricky but the multi is straight forward.

Only the multi can be locked( for no anyway)

You havent actually said what your mobo is - have you checked to make sure it is compatible with that Tbred? (The 266 Tbred XP2600 will have a multi at default of I think 16).

well i have this unlocking strip and it does what it says it does
however the CPU stepping MUST be AXIA
if it is not it will not work
older bartons and Tbred-B's are the only cpus with this code
btw if u can find a AXIA tbred it works so awesome

Back