• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

I am looking to upgrade my computer (sig, box2) with some Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200C2PT. Is this the way to go or should i get some faster stuff?

ps. i will also be upgrading my board to the ASUS A7N8X deluxe.

Can't state about the Corsair since I am mainly a Kingston and OCZ person...but can state about the Asus A7N8X Deluxe...take this from a owner of a 1.04 and 2.0...get a NF7-S rev 2.0...thats my current MB and it is so much better then the Asus every thought of being and cheaper...so in this case...cheaper is better...

Dang...that sounds too good to be true!

Keep in mind - the newer PC3200 comes with CH-5 chips or something, and they absolutely SUCK...if you can get the old ones with the BH-6 (v1.1) then it's worth it. Otherwise, go with PC3500CL2 or Mushkin PC3200 Lvl2.

do you think that ebay item I found has bh-5 ram? well it goes up to 235fsb with tight timing..so..even if it's not bh-5 it's still good rite? correct me if im wrong.. ed.(I just sent him an email asking if it's bh-5)

mine..only goes up to 220 with 2.8v...ch-5 of course

johan851 said:
Dang...that sounds too good to be true!

Keep in mind - the newer PC3200 comes with CH-5 chips or something, and they absolutely SUCK...if you can get the old ones with the BH-6 (v1.1) then it's worth it. Otherwise, go with PC3500CL2 or Mushkin PC3200 Lvl2.

You might want to read this thread before you say the CH-5 chips...since the newer Abit boards are being setup for the CH-5's and not the BH-5's...

MrIcee said:
Word out is that the late NF7's and current AN7's are tuned for CH-5 based DDR. If true it would be understandable as that is what the majority of manufactirers have switched to for their mainstream offerings.

It sucks for those of us who have BH-5 coming out our arse:)

I can confirm that the killer sticks of Platinum LE, HyperX PC3500 and Corsair dual channel PC3200LL I have do not run well at all on this board.

I have some CH-5 based ram coming soon to evaluate on the AN7 and I'll report back my results.

Randi:D

its good stuff, i own some, i try to buy exclusively corsair when i can. i like it :D

Westside05 said:
how would you know your abit board is newer version?

by the rev. number on it...the 2.0's are said to be the last ones that are setup for the BH-5's and the newer version of abit boards...AN7 and any newer rev. MB's are said to be more suited for the CH-5 chips...

Back