• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with slk 900a HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kramer1974

Registered
I am putting together a new computer. My info is listed below. I am lapping my heatsink and read on the thermalright site that i must apply the pads that came with the HS. As I will be sanding the HS down the dots will disappear from the HS. Is it necessary to put the pads on? It looks like the bottom of the heatsink will touch the black pads on the athlon xp 2500+. So i want to know if that is necessary. thanks

I just installed a SLK-800A on a 2500+ and I did notice that the bottom of the HS did touch all the 4 black pads on the processor, but I used the white pads just to be safe. I could be wrong but I think as long as it is sitting on the black pads and making contact with the cpu die then it should be fine.

thanks. I was thinking the same thing. I might just put the pads on to be safe.

The pads are so you wont crush the CPU when installing...just be very careful when installing it and if you hear even the slightest sound or feel any tension through the clip...stop right then and put the pads on as close as possible...

Thanks...i think just to be on the safe side ill put the pads on. Why chance it. :)

Back