• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On a tight budget? $9 Speeze FalconRock cooler works great!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aktunka

I was wary about trying this thing out since I had no familiarity with the name brand, but figured I couldn't go wrong at $9 and it was only for a non overclocked machine for my niece. Anyhow, running a Duron 1.6 and it idles at 36C and full load in Prime95 at 41.5C. The combination of the low cost, darn good performance, and whisper quiet operation make this thing really stand out for me. If you wanted to improve performance even a bit more it could use some hand lapping as you can kind of feel the ridges, but for $9 and nice functionality right out of the box I can't complain. Anyhow, check it out HERE at Newegg.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I was out of new AS so for thermal paste I am using some 3 year old AS 2 hehe. Newer stuff might even help a lil bit more :p

i have one on my system now....36C (socket, so it's probably around 45-46C) running P95...i got the falconrocktp and i made a fan shroud and added a higher cfm fan...

How about a link??? Dont want to google just to find something while I am crusing around in here...Is it as good as the Coolermaster...Link provided below

http://www.directron.com/hacv81.html

Dirt cheap...Put them on everthing, if they dont want to pay...Get them for 9.99 @ Fry's...Cant beat em with a bat...;)

I always put a link. It is in the last sentence where it says "Check it out HERE at Newegg"...the 'HERE' is the link :)

better than my shipping costs...$25 just for a couple of fans to an fpo address...thing is, the stuff only needs to go to ca or wa.

I won't argue with the fact that the Thermalright sk-6 is a better cooler, but cheapest I saw them was $13.95 and then you have to buy a fan on top of that. I guess that with the shipping the falconrock is about the same cost (was free shipping when I got the one for the kids machine) but who knows. All i know is the thing worked great for how quiet and cheap it was.

Sorry bout that...Blind in one eye and cant see out of the other...LOL...For cheap that Cooler master is hard to beat...They work great and for the price I have never seen anything out there that even comes close for the price...;)

Back