• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

attaching Zalman CU7000 to a radeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikkler

Registered
the major problem is the weight thing.. but what if i cuild this special metal thingy which will give it enoghe support ?
something like that
2.jpg

it is impossible. the pci slots are the limiting factor. you could probably build a "Support Bracket" to hold the weight off the gpu, and the agp slot, but the fact is, that thing is like 100 mm across, the radeon gpu is quite low on the board, it wont fit... now the copper flower, that will fit given some modding.

kikkler said:
the major problem is the weight thing.. but what if i cuild this special metal thingy which will give it enoghe support ?

Just curiosity, how many watts does one of these radeons take?

i dunno, i just have a spare zalman and i have no idea what to do with it

kikkler said:
i dunno, i just have a spare zalman and i have no idea what to do with it

Run a wire thru it, add a light bulb and you can have a truly original conversation piece coffee table lamp :p :p :p

Startech said:

Run a wire thru it, add a light bulb and you can have a truly original conversation piece coffee table lamp :p :p :p
A service it would perform much better than the one it is intended for....

Back