• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your thoughts on Volcano 12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xhades1

What are your thoughts on the volcano 12 extreme?

Will go on a abit nf7 w/ athlon XP 2100+

it doesnt look too expensive, i found it for around 25 bucks, but frankly, i wouldnt buy it, the volcano line isnt that great...go buy a thermalright copper cooler instead

If your on a budget this looks like a good HSF. Its all copper with a lot of fins for cooling. It also comes with an adjustable fan that goes from 26.50cfm @ 2000rpm to 72.92cfm @ 5500rpm. IMHO like Dalilman52m, I would recommend a Thermalright HSF. You can get the SLK-900A for about the same price minus the fan. Or for about $12 more you could get the 947U minus the fan. Just make sure you have the required 4 mounting holes for the 947U if you decide to get it. Fans are not very expensive. You can get a 92mm Panaflo that flows 56cfm for about $6 at SVC.

Yeah im on a budget.

I couldnt squeeze anymore cash out for the thermalright heatsinks and then buy a fan on top of that. This looks to be a good deal at 29.99. Im intersted in overclocking, some reviews say its pretty decent.

you can get a slk900a for about the same price.... you can get many better h/s for around $30

Back