• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help about fans and HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkshodokan07

Registered
Hi

I would need help with fans and HS since I am no good at all with these things. I got all my comp ready and need to do a choise in like 2 hours or the shop will close. So I need to call my local shop and blabla...

First, here is my computer built:
  • P4 2.6C
  • P4P800 dlx
  • 10k WD raptor 37 GB
  • 80 GB WD SATA
  • ATI radeon 9800 pro 128 MB
  • Case > Chieftec dragon series
  • Mushkin 512 MB PC3200 black lvl II
Also rest like floppy and others cauz Its a brand new rig

Well the question now is how I am gonna cool that. Since the dragon series cases can have up to 2 X 80mm intake fan and exhaust, what fans and HS are good and fit in that and what HS to buy.

I would appreciate if I could get an answer in the 2 next hours.

tx

Last edited:
The SP-94 is the greatest heatsink ever made, but an SLK-900 or SLK-800 is good too. Make sure you dont get the A version of them.

I've got the zalman CNPS7000-Cu that is dead quite even with the fan runnign at full speed. But it's pretty heavey and you have to take care when moving your computer around. The cnps7000-alcu is nearly as good and half the weight.

Back