• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ecc ram timings, dose it matter??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gaza

do the timings for the ecc reg ram matter. is a cl 2 that much better than a 2.5 or 3.. should i drop the cash on the good stuff??? what do you think???

sorry looking into a fx-51. it uses reg ram. don't know much about it though.. that is why i am asking.. am trying to see if i want to get an fx, how much it will cost, and if i should wait till they come out with the regular ddr suport..

ECC is different thatn registered.

You can get registered that isnt ECC.

Unless you are running mission critical server, dont get ECC, you don't need it.

I am assuming that the timings matter the same an unbuffered memory, but someone back me up on this.

You can disable the ECC in bios.

There is an additional clock cycle with registerred memory, but it doesn't appear to be affecting the performance too greatly. Timings still matter, though tRCD appears (once again) to have a bigger impact on performance for nForce3 and KT800 chipsets then CAS Latency.

Back