• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple Request. Recomendation for a P4 Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

I am not looking for a mega $$ super cooler. I just want a recomendation for a P4 Heatsink that will accept an 80mm fan.

It is a P4 1.8 Northwood running at 2.4ghz on an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard. The thing runs cool and quite, but I want something diffrent.

Well I found that cooler up here in BC and it is close to 90$ CDN after taxes. Ouch. I think thats about 65$ USD. I checked your guys site recomendations and it can be had for under 40$ down there. Looks like I am going to have to hit ebay and other computer stores that will ship up here without gouging me on the exchange rate or shipping international. The cooler comes so highly rated there is even a link to OC.com on one of the sites saying to check here to see how good it is.

If I buy in BC it will be from www.ncix.com or www.anitec.ca

Thanks for all the tips guys. You are the best.

yeah some ppl say they are good but i think the heatsink itself is pretty small, like smaller than or close to the size of the volcano 9, and the fan on top is a blower fan, so it blows heat off of all areas of the heatsink, not like a regular fan that only does it to a smaller area

ud still be better off getting the sp-94, u wont be dissapointed...

Capt Fiero said:
Is this gimic or do you thnk it would work well. I have never in my life seen anything like this. Kinda looks cool makes me think of a cross between a hair drier and a jet engine inside my computer

http://www.atoponline.com/product.asp?Type_ID=20&id=V01-18

It's not exactly a gimmic but I havn't seen one that worked well. Blowers are good for HS since they can push agains more pressure and get rid of the dead spot but they are also a bit more loud so the ones you can find usualy don't push enough air to outpreform axial fans like the tornado... SP-94 would beat that HS anyways.

Last edited:
I am going to take a blind stab and say that thermaltake and thermalright have nothing to do with one another. I am newbee when it comes to coolers and stuff. So note to self, stay away from Thermaltake stuff.

Capt Fiero said:
I am going to take a blind stab and say that thermaltake and thermalright have nothing to do with one another. I am newbee when it comes to coolers and stuff. So note to self, stay away from Thermaltake stuff.

thermaltake stuff blows, except for their smart fan II, which is basically the only thing anyone here in the forums would touch with a ten foot pole that is made by TT

Capt Fiero said:

ThermalTakes your money while ThermalRight is (right). ;)

Themaltake doesn't make HORRIBLE products but they simply aren't computer enthusiast quality/preformance and usualy cost too much and sell only due to their fancy looks and marketing while thermalright is the EXACT opposite.

Back