• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec IceBurq4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLIssID

Hey guys, i was thinking of picking up one of these suckers:

Vantec

For my Radeon 9800Pro.

I was wondering if anyone has this attached to their card.
If so, would you have to remove the card's shim?
Does it cool well?

i'm looking to run the card anywhere from 400-475mhz core once i pick up a new cooler.

Any info would be great!

yup, i checked a few of those reviews out to make sure it would fit my card.

I just wanna make sure i don't have to remove the shim around my GPU to install it.

You might try PMing Silversinksam..He can tell you.Sorry I'm not into Vcard cooling at this point.I'll run a search and see what comes up,while you do the PM..:D THE FANMAN:cool:

LINK :D

Last edited:
yep I am running one of these on my 9800 pro right now. It works quite well. Its not that noisy and gives decent performance. With the 9800pro I had before ( I killed it removing the shim:( ), the core could do 470 with this thing without any artifacts of mods. My current 9800pro is a dud and it wont go over 425 without artifacts. But the iceberq fits and everyting so you will be fine if you have a good card. Much better than stock cooling.

cool! thanks for your info.

i'm really glad that i wont have to go through the trouble removing the shim. Ill order one of these when i get home tomorrow.

thanks again :)

Same here.. I have it and did not have to remove the shim. Overclocked to 421 on the core and it isn't even warm.

I wonder how loud it really is... it says the fan spins at well near 6000RPM, dangerously fast for noise concerned people.

Maybe the power connector can be 7v'ed? //edit:// Looks like a normal 4 pin adapter, so no problem. Answered my own question. :) //edit//

Also, how are the LED's attached? I'm considering this HSF for a replacement but I'd like to remove the useless lights on it.

Last edited:
i used it to cool my NB on my epox board. its really quite a piece of eye candy and functional too. I can't say that i saw a dramatic decrease in temp but it probably helped some. not only that but the lights helped light up my case :D

as for removing the card's shim. i personally use the static back + ziploc bag + freezer technique. however i've heard that using dental floss to ease it off works really well. i'm going to try that way the next time i need to remove a heatsink.

heh, well i guess this would be my best bet.
i don't wanna attach a zalman cooler or anything.
any hey, 421 on the core, and not even warm, gives you a lot of head room if your card is up for it :)

BLIssID said:
heh, well i guess this would be my best bet.
i don't wanna attach a zalman cooler or anything.
any hey, 421 on the core, and not even warm, gives you a lot of head room if your card is up for it :)

Yeah, i'm no longer crazy about overclocking video cards. I don't have the money to be the best. :) I'm happy where it's at.

Back