• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some problems with my OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

See sig for my o/c. The problems that i have are random lockups, usually when playing 3d games.... it was 100% stable some months ago when i oced my system... donno.... anyways im getting a new rig so im not sure if my PSU is troubling me...(i will put my Psu in new rig if its good)

These are my voltages according to mbm5:

+3.3 : 1.58 avg
+5.00: 4.97 avg
+12.00: 12.10 avg

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

+5.00: 4.97 avg
+12.00: 12.10 avg

Are you sure your 3.3V line is at 1.58, thats over the 10% limit, if thats the case that could definently cause issues with your system.

- ThePCGuy

daNo- said:

These are my voltages according to mbm5:

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Are you sure the ave is 1.58v for the 3.3+ rail?

If it is, then that's your problem.

:cry: Thats what I read from mbm5..

+3.3 : 1.58 (Is that not normal at all?)

I'm going to check it out in the bios to be sure about it...

EDIT:

Ok i went into the bios into PC Health Status and it read as follows:

Vcore: 1.79 (1.75 stock)
Vagp: 1.58
+5v: 4.97
+12v: 12.09
Vio: 3.29
Vdimm: 2.6 (2.5 stock)
vbat(v): 3.15
5vsb(v): 5.53

Any advice? Should i change my PSU ???

Any help would be great..

Thanks

Last edited:
He just gave the wrong voltage. Your Vagp at 1.58 is "alright". I would suggest lowering back to the normal 1.5 in the BIOS.

Instead of using MBM5, just check it in the BIOS and report it here ASAP.

Im glad you exist bafbrian :D ..well i went into the bios to check but i couldn't see anywhere for the 3.3+ reading, however all my other readings are infact fluctuating accordingly right? ..... and like you said in mbm5 it reads the 3.3+ vline wrong.... so...how am I supposed to check ??

Thanks so far for your replies so far

It almost sounds like mbm is giving you your ram voltages. On the mobo in my sig, the mbm 3.3 voltages mirror my Vdimm voltages. At first it freaked me out, but I figured out what it was by changing my Vdimm and watching mbm. You might try the same thing as they are both Epox boards

Yeah i thought that might be a problem too... i went and checked on mbm but there was no reading even close to the 3.3+ v line...... and in the bios like i said i couldn't find it either... is there anyway i can check it out??

FWIW, that Antec SL-400 is a good warhorse PSU. I had one before my True550 and it kicked the sub-$40, alleged 550W noname PSU butts around the block, not to mention lower wattage noname PSUs. With your hardware compliment and with Vcores below 2.0V it shouldn't be the problem. As for checking voltages, and I can't say this often enough, every overclocker should own a Digital MultiMeter. Relying upon the embedded sensor chip to read your voltages is at best a "dice toss". Picking up, even an inexpensive DMM is money well spent, both in the PC shack and for all the other "curve balls" life throws you. From your car to you home. a DMM is every bit as useful as the 6 inch crescent wrench. No tool compliment should be without one.

Hoot

Back