• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

Hey,

I'll soon be running 2 sticks of KHX Pc-3200 (bh-5) on a P4C800-E DLX and a P4 2.4c.... Am i set on the right track? or should i just get 1 stick of 512 pc3200 (bh-5) ????

Thanks

One more question......Do i have to take out the heatspreader to check out if its they are the non-A module ???????.... If thats so, im just going to have to pick them out randomly .....

Any help please would be great.

Thanks

You can just read the white label to tell if they are "non-A" or "A". The Product Code would be (2x256MB - 512MB Kit - For Example) KHX3200K2/512, instead of KHX3200AK2/512.

After you purchase them, you can remove the heatspreader to be sure that you got Winbond BH-5 chips, which may or may not be re-labled Kingston. If they are relabled, (besides checking if they're Winbond - 2 Dots) only performance will give a general idea if they are BH-5 or not. The odds of getting Winbond BH-5 chips on "non-A" PC-3200 are quite high, while the odds of getting Winbond BH-5 chips on "A" revision PC-3200 is zero.

I have newbie questions :bang head Can you set the modules in any order on the dimm slots on the mainboard? (since im getting 2 sticks) and i want to run dual channel, would i have to enable something in the bios for it to work?

I have a IS7-G mobo and a p4. 2.4c and soon 2 sticks of 256 bh-5 pc3200 KHX..

Help would be great

you should place the sticks in either dimm1 and dimm3 or in dimm2 and dimm4... its in the mobo's manual :)

with mushkin lvl II ram you will be sure you get bh-5 chips btw ;)

Back