• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REAL men underclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
At least while their watercooling system is down for minor repairs/improvements...and they have to use a crappy old K6-2 heatsink with a 50mm fan.

Currently Prime95 stable at 1.275v (1.25v actual) at 6x160 = 960mhz. 43C load, 35C idle at 22C ambient. :attn:

Sure it's a little sluggish...but it'll work for the next couple days. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it is pretty funny. I'm not doing it out of necessity past this point, but it is pretty fun to see how low this DLT3C can go...

Currently Prime95 stable at 1.22v actual vcore. :) Wonder what temps would be on my H2O system...:D

About 40C load now.

Chipset at 1.5v in the BIOS as well...I'll try dropping that further too.

I had a 1700+ that ran fine at 1.1v and 1100MHz and a Pally that ran at 1.275 and 1.3GHz :p I could use passive cooling on the 1700+ T-Bred becuase it only used 17w :cool:

Yeah, this thing is running very very cool...it happily primed away at 1.2v actual, which dropped load temps to about 39C load at 21C ambient...if yours ran that well, then I'm going to go ahead and drop voltage a few more notches. :)

Indeed it does...at 1.09v actual it's happily priming away. That's dropped ambient temps down to 19C (house is cooling down a little too) and CPU temp down to 35C. :D

Try to up the chip's speed
these DLT3Cs could manage (close to) stock speeds at 1.1v. Just try it and see

low_voltage.jpg

prossu.jpg

Now that's impressive. But why are the temps so high? Not that 40ºC is high, but I would expect them to be much lower with only 1.06 Vcore.

Yeah, this heatsink really sucks (well, blows...:)) and that's why my temps are still so high.

Just now I couldn't get it to cold boot at 1.09v though...had to bump it up to 1.18 actual for it to work.

Got the chipset down to 1.4v too, at 160mhz FSB 2.5-3-2-11. :)

Can you switch the FSB to 133 or 100?
It will be interesting to see what voltage you can go at 600MHz.

You'll get lower temps too.

And most importantly you'll get that old feeling... so you can enjoy more your OC.

Actually, it won't cold boot at anything below 1.08v actual. *Shrug* Oh well, it was a good time. :)

Well, it can't be hard to lower the MHz...it's the voltage that's tricky. :)

Back