• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Down graded from Vapo to SP-94...are my temps right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I sold my Vapo and all the other extreme stuff and just went for air. My oc dropped from "[email protected]@1.7v" to "245fsb@ [email protected]" on my trusty 3.0c. I installed the ThermalTake SP-94 with AS5 and a Panaflo 92mm High Speed FBA09A12H1BX it pushes 56.8cfm @ 35dcb. This air setup gives me a idle temp of 48c and load of 60c. I am using motherboard monitor and I have selected the proper "diodes" (i did my homework). I do know that many guys are running the "80cfm ear spliter Tornado" and are getting good temps but "I ain't going there" Thats just too loud!

My case is a Lian-Li with 2 80mm fans for intale, 1 80mm fan on top for exhaust and 1 80mm fan in rear of case for exhaust.

At the moment*******48c idle & 60c load*******
Do you think these temps are normal for my setup?

Do you have any advice about lowering my temps? Besides getting the ear splitter?

Edit****room temp is about 22c

youre load is really high, but thats whats expected when you overclock so high. Although i would expect it to be a little lower.. r u sure u have enough airflow through your case? Did u try remounting the heatsink a few times?
Also, if you have just set this up, the AS5 may need time before settling in, that could take a few days before its working as it was intended to..

Is your setup stable?

Your temps don't seem too bad, especially considering that Abit boards read high. I don't pay too much attention to reported temps anymore. If you're stable and temps are somewhat reasonable, then all is well.

Korndog said:
youre load is really high, but thats whats expected when you overclock so high. Although i would expect it to be a little lower.. r u sure u have enough airflow through your case? Did u try remounting the heatsink a few times?
Also, if you have just set this up, the AS5 may need time before settling in, that could take a few days before its working as it was intended to..

yes I have reseated it once. And the AS5 has setup for a week. I tried to lower my v-core but it is not stable on anything under 1.7v.

Is your setup stable?

Yep its stable, its just hotter than I would like. I guess I can live with it, since it is probably inacurate and running a little cooler than what is being reported.

You might want to try reversing the fan on the heatsink so it sucks air through it instead of blowing it. I've had good results with this so it might work well for you too. Droped 2-3C by doing this.

Those temps though do seem high but then again remember that the Abit boards read high too so probley can knock off 10C about.

Last edited:
use the winbond monitoring software that abit supplies. If any software is calibrated correctly for your board, that is it. Mine reads lower via the hardware doctor than it does in the bios. By the bios my loaded temp can exceed 60C, by the hardware monitor about 55C max. Your heatsink and fan are fine, you might need a higher level of case airflow than you are used to with the extreme cooling. I use a single 120mm exhaust fan behind the cpu spinning at 1400rpm or so.

Back