• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the $5 duct mod i got in thailand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

here it is...it needs to be completely extended to fully open up but it does offer a 4C improvement.

1071843098_P1010061.jpg

1071843157_P1010064.jpg

with it on, i was getting 33C load on P95...right now, with just a fan shroud (made out of a cannibalized 80mm fan frame), i'm at 36C load..grante, these are socket temps on the rda+ cause there's no diode reading (so i figure add about 7-10C to the socket temp)...when i get my new case, i'm gonna put it on my slk800 and see how it does...not bad for $5, tho...the fancy-schmancy sunbeam one costs 3-4X that much...

Now thats a true duct mod. Pretty sweet I know I'll be messing around with something soon like this on my computer. Post some pics when yea get it in the case.

I bought it at the Pan Tip (SP?) Electronics Plaza in Bangkok...I had it mounted to the side opening on my case but didn't take pics...i had the side fan on (SF2) and didn't have one on the hs...i was thinking of putting a lower cfm fan on the side and putting the SF2 on the hs when i reinstall...i post pics then.

Jarhead7236 said:
I bought it at the Pan Tip (SP?) Electronics Plaza in Bangkok...I had it mounted to the side opening on my case but didn't take pics...i had the side fan on (SF2) and didn't have one on the hs...i was thinking of putting a lower cfm fan on the side and putting the SF2 on the hs when i reinstall...i post pics then.

Ha Pan Tip Plaza RULES!! :D

Hope you found plenty of *ahem* 'cheap' software ;) That place used to be my favorite, I used to live just outside Bangkok for a year and then a 2 hour drive down the East coast near a place called Ban Chang for 3 years. Thailand is my favorite place in the whole wide world!! :p

Back